Fixed Ops Tip: Email A PDF Version Of Repair Order
If you need to share an electronic document with a customer, nothing works better than a PDF. Now, you can make a PDF of any repair order for to easily store or to share with a customer. PDFs will include the Next Service Date (if the controlling parameter in the Miscellaneous tab of Miscellaneous Parameters is set to Y) and barcode (if the controlling parameter in the Miscellaneous Parameters RO Printing tab is set to Y). The PDFs will exclude any cost amounts (if the controlling parameter in the Miscellaneous Parameters' Miscellaneous tab is set to Y) and total summary after the repair lines.
When you create a PDF, it's saved as INVOICE.PDF to the C:\ASITEXT folder (or K:\ASITEXT folder for dealerships using the hosted version of Autosoft DMS). If users want to save a copy of the invoice, the file must be moved from ASITEXT to another folder. The next PDF generated will overwrite the last, as all repair orders printed to the screen as a PDF are named "Invoice."
- Click View R/O to view a summary of the repair order.
The screen displays all of the repairs for the selected repair order. This is the same information that is displayed when you click View R/O on any of the six entry screens when generating repair orders.
- Click Create PDF in the lower-right corner of the screen.
The file is automatically saved to the C:\ASITEXT folder (or K:\ASITEXT folder for dealerships using the hosted version of Autosoft DMS) as INVOICE.PDF.
- Open the PDF.
- Click .
- Click Send File in the menu that opens.
- In the Send Email pop-up, click Default Email Application or Use Webmail.
- If select Use Webmail, use the Select box to select or add the email address you wish to use to send the file.
- If adding a new email address, the Add New Account pop-up opens, where you'll type the email address you wish to use and click OK.
- Click Continue.
- If you're not logged in to your email server, follow the process to log in, find the email in your drafts, type the customer's email address and an appropriate message and click Send.
You can also email the file is as an attachment. If your dealership uses Microsoft Outlook, open a new email in Outlook, click Attach File, and browse your computer's C:\ASITEXT folder (or K:\ASITEXT if your dealership uses a hosted Autosoft DMS) for the INVOICE.PDF file. Click the file to select it, enter the recipient's email address and a message and click Send.
Accounting Tip: A Stack Month End Print Is Not A Backup
The Stack Month-End Print screen provides a useful way to print any records within the past 12 months. But when you do that, keep in mind that you are just printing, not backing up those records. To create a backup that can be easily restored. For more information on Stack Print Month-End Records, see the following topics.
Sales and F&I: Switch Scenarios On Deal
A lot can change from the start of a deal to when the customer drives their new car off the lot. That's why we designed the Sales and F&I application to create multiple scenarios for a deal and easily switch to a different scenario if it fits a customer's needs better. For more information on switching scenarios on a deal, check out Switching Scenarios On A Deal.