Accounting Tip: View A Document From A Journal Entry Screen
Isn't it nice to stay put? FlexDMS convenently allows you to view a document from the Journal Entry screen.
- Click Schedules.
- Click Document on the bottom-right of the screen.
- This allows you to view the document from within the Schedules screen, and saves you from having to leave the screen and open the View Documents screen.
Fixed Ops Tip: Create a PDF From R/O Screens
It's never been easier to email, print, or relocate a record of R/O screens. Users can now create a PDF from the View R/O screen, accessible throughout the Repair Orders menu options, for easy storage and sharing with customers. The PDFs list the Next Service Date (when the controlling parameter in the Miscellaneous tab of Miscellaneous Parameters is set to Y) and barcode (when the controlling parameter in the Miscellaneous Parameters RO Printing tab is set to Y). The PDFs will exclude any cost amounts (if the controlling parameter in the Miscellaneous Parameters' Miscellaneous tab is set to Y) and total summary after the repair lines.
Once you create a PDF, it's saved in the C:\ASITEXT folder )or K:\ASITEXT folder for dealerships using the hosted version of Autosoft DMS as INVOICE.PDF. If users want to save a copy of the invoice, they must mov the file from ASITEXT to another folder.
Note: The next PDF generated will overwrite the previous PDF, since all repair orders printed to the screen as a PDF are named "Invoice."
To create a PDF and save it locally, complete the following steps.
- Click View R/O to view a summary of the repair order.
- The screen displays all of the repairs for the selected repair order. This is the same information that is displayed when you click View R/O on any of the six entry screens when generating repair orders.
- Click the Create PDF button in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- The file is automatically saved to the C:\ASITEXT folder (or K:\ASITEXT folder for dealerships using the hosted version of Autosoft DMS) as INVOICE.PDF.
- The PDF can be emailed directly from Adobe by clicking the Mail (envelope) icon while viewing the created PDF.
- Click Send File from the menu that opens.
- The Send Email popup opens.
- Click Default Email Application or Use Webmail. If you select Use Webail, use the Select box to select or add the email address you wish to use to send the file.
- If adding a new email address, the Add New Account pop-up opens, where you'll type the email address you wish to use and click OK.
- Click Continue.
- If you're not logged in to your email server, follow the process to log in, find the email in your drafts, type the customer's email address and an appropriate message and click Send.
Another option is to email the the file as an attachment. Complete the following steps to do so.
- If your dealership uses Microsoft Outlook, open a new email, click Attach File.
- Open the C:\ASITEXT folder (or K:\ASITEXT if your dealership uses a hosted Autosoft DMS) for the INVOICE.PDF file.
- Click the file to select it, enter the recipient's email address and a message and click Send.
Sales and F&I Tip: View A Document From A Journal Entry Screen
No one wants to start from scratch on a new task if they don't have to. It's much better to reuse work you've already done, when possible. When you are desking multiple fleet deals in a row, it can be time-consuming to do repetitive data entry. That's why we designed Sales and F&I so that you can easily duplicate deals from the "Working" state of a deal. This can also be helpful when you're offering a promotion on a set of vehicles with a standard set of equipment and features. You can create one deal and copy it for each of the vehicles on offer.
When you copy a deal, you can duplicate the buyer and trade using the Vehicle drop-down menu to select a different vehicle for each of the copied deals. Each copied deal opens in a separate browser tab for easy access.
When duplicating deals for promotions, create a single deal with the criteria stated in the promotion. You can then select a different vehicle for each copied deal and select not to duplicate the buyer and trade. This will set up the same deal structure for each of the vehicles, and all you'll have to do is click on the deal vehicle's browser tab and add the buyer and trade information.
To duplicate a deal, complete the following steps.
- For fleet vehicles, duplicating the buyer and trade can save you time and avoid repetitive data entry when desking deals for multiple vehicles.
- Click the Duplicate Deal button at the top of the screen.
- The Duplicate Deal modal will open. Click the blue + button to copy the deal. You can make up to 10 copies.
- Select the vehicle for each copy using the Vehicle drop-down menu. By default, the source deal's vehicle will be selected for each duplicated deal. Using the same vehicle for every duplicated deal is permissible. You can also select a different vehicle for each duplicated deal or choose to clear the field.
- By default, the Duplicate Buyer toggle will be in the "On" position (signified by a blue background). Clicking the toggle will move it to the "Off" position.
- By default, the Duplicate Trade toggle will be in the "Off" position (signified by a gray background). Click the toggle to "On" (blue background) if necessary.
- Continue to add duplicates by repeating steps 3 through 6. When you're done, click Duplicate Deal.
Each duplicated deal will open in a new browser tab for easy access. The duplicated deals will contain identical information from the source deal. Once the deals are duplicated, there is no other tie to the source deal, and all deals can be changed independently.