Accounting Tip: Find Out-Of-Balance
Want to know a nifty trick to resolve an out-of-balance? You can now run a report to find an out-of-balance on your Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, or a Detail Forward Schedule by opening the schedule and clicking the ~FB that appears at the top of the view. This will give you a report with any controls that are showing a difference in your schedule.
Sales and F&I Tip: Rearranging and Reorganizing Form
Sales and F&I allows you to rearrange and rename the forms in your system, allowing for easy retrieval to help speed up your deal time. You can also control the number of copies that will print for each form.
- Click on the Setup app button in the main navigation bar. The Setup app opens to the Dealership Information page.
- Click the Sales button from the horizontal button bar running across the top of the screen. The Sales options drop-down menu opens.
- On the Sales options menu, click Forms. The Forms screen opens.
- The Select Form Type field in the upper-left corner of the screen allows you to choose from Deal or Prospect. The system defaults to Deals.
- You can rearrange forms by clicking on and holding the three stacked lines in the far left column of the form's line as you drag it to the new location in the list or by changing the number in the Order column.
- To change a form's copy count for printing, click in the form's Copies field and either type a new quantity or use the up and down arrows to increase or decrease the quantity.
- To change how the form will be listed on the Deal Forms screen, type the new name in the form's Display Name field.
If you want forms deleted, use the steps above to change the name of a form to “Delete.” Then you can call 1-800-473-4630, or send an email to Finance@Autosoftdms.com asking us to delete forms.
Fixed Ops Tip: Using Parts Queries
The Parts Queries screen provides quick access to parts pricing and stocking information from inventory and the master price tape. You can create nine temporary lists in the Parts Queries screen, and the parts numbers entered on these lists are saved for this client station until they are manually cleared. You can also save the lists to create pre-built lists that can be recalled as needed on this screen.
But the benefits of the Parts Queries screen don't stop there, you can also create customer quotes, view the order que, and add a parts list to a counter slip, repair order, or order que.
You can pull the parts kits on the Parts Queries screen to view parts pricing and stocking information for all of the parts on the list. While you can create and save lists on the Parts Queries screen, adding the parts kits to the Special Inventories allows you to enter your lists into the system before you use the Parts Queries. Taking the time to create parts lists saves you time later when you are working on the Parts Queries screen.
For more information, press F1 on the Query screen to open Parts Queries documentation to be reviewed.