The Autosoft DMS 7.6.5 release will be available July 21, 2019. It contains valuable improvements to the Accounting, Parts, and Service applications. Several bug fixes are also a part of the release. Get more information below!
Credit card payment processing is now available in Autosoft DMS
Benefit: Reduce keystrokes and save time for your customers since payment information feeds directly into the credit card device, eliminating the need for manual entry and reducing errors.
Details: Autosoft DMS now offers payment processing integration so you can process your vehicle deposits and parts and service payments quickly in the Cashier module. You will need to sign up to use credit card payment processing in your Autosoft DMS. Use the link below to learn more about how to sign up for credit card processing and how to set up and use the integration in you Autosoft DMS.
New Vehicle Notes tab added to the vehicle record
Benefit: Keep notes about the vehicle separate from the vehicle description for better tracking.
Details: In both Accounting and Desk Manager, you can now use the Vehicle Notes tab to add notes about the vehicle. These notes are for internal Accounting purposes and will not sync to Autosoft Sales and F&I.
The original Memo tab has been renamed Vehicle Desc and will continue to sync to the Vehicle Description field in Autosoft Sales and F&I for customers who use both applications.
Email parts quotes to customers
Benefit: Send a copy of a quote to a customer for review.
Details: A new option has been added to the Parts Quotes that sends a copy of the quote in an email message. Learn more below.
Step 1. Use the Parts Quotes screen to create the quote.
Step 2. Verify an email address has been entered in the eMail field. This is required to use the feature.
Step 3. Click Print & Save.
Step 4. When prompted to verify your printer is ready, select Email Quote.
Step 5. Click Send.
Step 6. The system will display a message confirming the email message has been sent. Click OK to acknowledge the message.
Step 7. The customer will receive an email from email@example.com, where xxx will be the name of your dealership. The quote will be attached in a PDF document.
Customize your ERO Part notifications
Benefit: Enjoy more control over how your ERO Part notifications display.
Details: A new ERO Part Request section has been added to the More Operating defaults screen. The existing ERO Part parameters have been moved to this section, and two new parameters have been added.
The Use notification sound setting allows you to specify if you want the notifications to use the notification sound. Enter Y for yes or N for no.
The Notification Timing field allows you to specify the frequency for the notification display. Enter the time in seconds, and the system will display the notifications accordingly.
Email service quotes to customers
Benefit: Send a copy of a quote to a customer for review.
Details: A new option has been added to the Review & Print screen in the Customer Quotes that sends a copy of the quote in an email message. Learn more below.
Step 1. Create the quote.
Step 2. Verify an email address appears in the E-Mail field on the Start Quote screen.
Step 3. On the Review & Print screen, click Email to Customer.
Step 4. The system will display a message confirming the email message has been sent. Click OK to acknowledge the message.
Step 5. The customer will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, where xxx will be the name of your dealership. The quote will be attached in a PDF document.
Apply fees to repair orders
Benefit: Charge the necessary fees to repair orders.
Details: You can now set up default fees that can be added to repair orders. The fees are set up and added the same way you handle sublet on a repair order. The fee totals will be added to a new Sublet/Fee amount on the repair order. Use the information below to assist you with creating fees and adding them to repair orders.
Step 1. Click System Setup on the Service Writing main menu.
Step 2. Click Default Sublet/Fees on the System Setup menu.
Step 3. Enter a Code and Description for the fee you need to create.
Step 4. Type Y in the Charge as a fee? field. This identifies the code as a fee.
Step 5. Finish entering the remaining information for the fee.
Step 6. Click Save. The fee displays in the Fees section on the right side of the screen.
Step 7. Continue to add additional fees as needed.
Adding fees to a repair order
Step 1. Create or select the repair order to which you want to apply the fee.
Step 2. Advance to the GOG/Sublet/Fees screen.
Step 3. Under Sublet/Fees, click Options and select the fee from the list.
Step 4. The information entered in setup for the fee fills in on the screen. Edit or add information as needed.
Step 5. On the Review & Print screen, the fee will be included in the Sublet/Fee amount. It will appear on the printed repair order as part of the Sublet/Fee amount.
- The Print Flag Data report can now be exported to Microsoft Excel.
- The journal import feature will now apply the distribution set up for the General Ledger accounts when creating the journal entry.
- The resequence utility now alerts you if someone is in the schedules during the process.
- The Count Sheets now include the source name on the printout.
- A new "Print Pick List by Location" option has been added to the Parts Queries Print List prompt. It will print the pick list sorted by bin location.
- You can now specify the year range you want to use when printing the Part Return History report. The default range is the current year.
- You can now reuse a Service Technician ID 60 days after the previous Service Technician was deleted from the DMS.
- The right side of the Service Schedule screen now includes all the expanded transportation options.
- The Service Schedule Print Schedule/No Show report now includes the expanded transportation options.
- Modifications were made to the Transportation field to ensure a valid transportation option always displays.
- The end of month process will now identify the file being processed for your reference.
- Changes were made to Service Quoting to prevent intermittent crashing when viewing a quote.