The Autosoft DMS 7.5.5 release contains some valuable improvements to the Accounting, Cashier, Parts, and Service applications, as well as a number of bug fixes.
Annual Federal Tax Table updates now occur automatically without DMS update
Benefit: Update your federal tax table for 2019 without downloading a DMS update.
Detail: Autosoft has improved how the annual federal tax table updates are pulled to the DMS, so you no longer need to perform a DMS update to populate the figures. When you click the Refresh 2019 Tables button on the Federal Tax Tables screen, the system will call a service to populate the updated figures.
Rome Technologies option added to Imports menu for the import of CSV files into Autosoft DMS
Benefit: Easily import CSV (comma-separated values) files from Rome Technologies into Autosoft DMS for posting to the general ledger.
Detail: Autosoft has added an option to the Imports menu to allow users to import a comma-separated values (CSV) file generated by Rome Technologies into Autosoft DMS for posting to the general ledger.
Use the following links to set up and use the Rome Technologies import.
Export to Excel functionality added to multiple reports within Autosoft DMS
Benefit: Export Autosoft DMS reports as Microsoft Excel document for easy review, editing, saving, and printing.
Detail: Autosoft has added Export to Excel functionality to a variety of screens within the Autosoft DMS. When using this functionality, all reports exported to Microsoft Excel are available in the C:\ASIXL folder (or K:\ASIXL if your dealership employs a hosted Autosoft DMS). A pop-up notifies you that the file has been created and provides the name and location of the file for retrieval.
The reports that can now be exported to Microsoft Excel include:
- Find (accessible from the Find option in the Print G/L Account Detail & Journal Sources menu), which is saved as FIND.XLS in ASIXL
- View a Document (accessible from the View A Document option in the Schedules & Documents menu), which is saved as VIEWADOCUMENT.XLS in ASIXL
- View Journals (accessible from the View Journals option in the Schedules & Documents menu), which is saved as JOURNALS.XLS in ASIXL
Dealership access granted to Edits & Corrections password
Benefit: Retrieve the daily Edits & Corrections password without contacting Autosoft's Customer Success Center.
Detail: Autosoft has added access to the daily Edits & Corrections password in the Miscellaneous Passwords screen. The password is read only and is the same daily password available by calling Autosoft's Customer Success Center. This password can be used to edit detail in Accounting, Utilities, Edits & Corrections for that day only.
|Important: Only users with knowledge of the dealership's master password can access this feature. Autosoft recommends that you use this password and make any edits and corrections with caution.|
|Note: If you dealership doesn't use a master password, Autosoft recommends implementing one for additional security. The master password can be added or changed by following the steps outlined in the Knowledge Base article, "Changing the Master Password." You can also use the Accounting expanded passwords to completely block screens to which you don't want particular users to have access. To learn how to use expanded passwords, see the Knowledge Base article, "Adding Accounting Expanded Passwords."|
View C/S button added to Integrated Parts Sales Entries screen
Benefit: Easily view and print counter slips before posting them.
Detail: Autosoft has added the View C/S button to the Integrated Parts Sales Entries screen to allow users to view and print the counter slip that is selected on the Integrated Parts Sales Entries screen prior to posting.
View C/S button added to Cashier Counter Slips screen
Benefit: Easily view and print counter slips from the Cashier module.
Detail: Autosoft has added the View C/S button to the Cashier Counter Slips screen to allow users to view and print the counter slip that is selected on the Cashier Counter Slips screen.
Printer option added for ERO parts requests
Benefit: Set your system to automatically print any ERO parts requests.
Detail: An option has been added to the System Setup screen (accessible through the More Operating Defaults option in the System Setup & Updates menu) to automatically send ERO parts requests to the default printer. If the user elects to set the parameter to print parts requests, the job is sent to the printer designated as the default in Settings.
View C/S button added to Counter Parts Sales screen to allow PDF soft copies of sales tickets to be printed
Benefit: Easily view and print a PDF soft copy of active and closed counter sales from the Counter Parts Sales screen and its auxiliary screens.
Detail: Autosoft has added the View C/S button to the Counter Parts Sales screen to allow users to view the counter ticket and click a Create PDF button to create a PDF soft copy of counter tickets. This feature is available for all counter sales, including active invoices and closed invoices before and after the daily sales have been updated to Accounting.
The ability to view counter slips and create PDF soft copies of them can be accessed from the active and closed counter slips on the Counter Parts Sales screen, Counter Sales History screen, and the Part Sales by Document screen.
Counter Parts Sales Screen - Active sales
Counter Parts Sales Screen-Closed sales
Before performing the Parts end-of-day process, the View C/S button is accessible for creating a PDF copy of a closed invoice when opening a closed slip from the Counter Parts Sales screen. To use this feature, follow these steps:
Counter Sales History Screen
Click a slip from the list to view a summary of the invoice. The View Counter Ticket screen opens, displaying the invoice summary.
Part Sales by Document Screen
MyPriceLink enhancements made to parts sales entry screens to alert of price discrepancies when entering parts numbers
Benefit: Quickly identify if parts you enter in parts sales entry screens are missing list pricing or have a list price calculated by the default price tape parameters.
Detail: Autosoft has added visual red flag messages to all sales entry screens that alert users when they enter a part number that has either an omitted or calculated list price. In the Parts Inventory setup, if the dealership chooses to mark up parts that are missing from the OEM price list update, the parts will be flagged when entered in a sales entry screen. Also, if the dealership has any blank or $0 prices in the Master Inventory, those parts will be flagged when entered in sales entry screens.
These alerts occur on the following screens:
- Parts Queries
- Counter Parts Sales
- Service R/O Parts
- Customer Quote
- (Service Quotes) Add Parts
If the part number you type on one of these screens is for a part that does not have a list price or has a $0 list price or a list price calculated by the default price tape parameters, a red flag message displays, alerting you that the list price was either omitted or calculated. When you complete the entry line, the part appears in the parts list with its List price in white, highlighted in red.
Price markup defaults added to OEM Price Tape Update parameters for Ford users
Benefit: Have the option to apply dealer-defined parts pricing markup percentages to parts missing trade or list pricing when updating your inventory from Ford's price tape.
Detail: Autosoft has adjusted the OEM Price Tape Update screen for Ford users to allow users to determine if dealer-defined markup percentages will be used for parts without a trade or list price when updating inventory using the Ford price tape. This setting applies to any Ford OEM parts source, which is established on the Miscellaneous Parts Parameters screen.
In the Part Pricing Markup Defaults section, use the Should Parts in this Source with No Trade or List Price use Dealer Defined Markup Percentages field to determine whether the dealer-defined markup percentages should be used for any parts lacking trade or list pricing. Type Y for yes or N for no.
Exception Report added to Miscellaneous Service Reports menu
Benefit: Run a report that will display price changes that were manually edited by the service advisor or writer when writing a repair order.
Detail: Autosoft has created an Exception Report that lists changes to the system-calculated labor sales pricing amount or trouble code/service menu operation code-defined pricing. The report lists each change by the repair order number, repair line, repair order type, menu trouble code, pay type, the advisor or writer, change type, original value, new value, date and time of the change, and the user or PC used to make the change.
To run the Exception Report, follow these steps:
Step 1. From the Service Writing menu, select Reports & Updates. The Service Reports/Updates menu opens.
Step 2. Click Miscellaneous Service Reports to open the menu of the same name.
Step 3. Select Exception Report. The Exception Report box opens to the right of the menu.
Step 4. Use the From and To fields to enter the date range you'd like the report to cover.
Step 5. Use the Include options to select the Service department areas you'd like to include in the report. Choose from Service, Contracts, Body Shop, and Quick Lube. You can select multiple Service areas.
Step 6. Click Go.
Step 7. The system prompts you to verify your printer is ready. Select To Printer to send the report to the printer, To Screen to view the report on screen, or Export to Excel to save the report as a Microsoft Excel document.
Step 8. Click Print.
If you selected Export to Excel in the previous step, the system notifies you that the file has been created directs you to its location on your system. The file is named ServiceExceptionReport.xls. If your dealership uses an in-house server-based DMS, the file is saved in the C:\ drive's ASIXL folder. If your dealership uses the hosted Autosoft DMS solution, the file is saved in the K:\ drive's ASIXL folder. Click OK to dismiss the message.
- Adjustments ensure that refreshing Pay Data History no longer inflates the adjusted gross for FICA/MED for employees. However, this is not retroactive and will not correct an adjusted gross that has already been inflated prior to the update.
- Modifications ensure that when a document is posted in multiple journals and the General Adjusting Entries screen is used, the journal name changes correctly when changing between different journals.
- Updates ensure that cash receipts written for payment of late fees only post in-balance and clear the late fee from the Trade Receivables account.
- Changes ensure that Back Add Income is included in the Total F&I figure on the detailed Vehicle Sales Commission report. If a split deal is listed on the report, the Back Add Income only displays on the first line, along with the other totals that make up Total F&I.
- Modifications ensure the barcode prints only on the first page of a multi-page cash receipt created in Cashier.
- Adjustments have been made to ensure repair orders and counter slips closed for Accounts Receivable accounts display correctly in the AR column when viewing History.
- Changes ensure the Operator ID is retained when the user writes a receipt for a counter slip, remains in the screen, and then writes another one.
- Updates ensure that if a dealership uses multiple sources for parts inventory and the sources are set up with different tax rates in Operating Defaults, reprinting a closed counter slip in a source it was not sold out results in the counter sale appearing in-balance with the correct tax rate in Integrated Entries.
- Adjustments ensure the parts added to multiple repair lines appear in the Hyundai warranty interface attached to the appropriate lines, exactly as they were added in line parts.
- Modifications have improved the process of applying deductions to employees when the employee is changed or the line is edited.
- Adjustments ensure the stock number for an internal vehicle is unaffected by the customer number formatting when entering through the stock number in Schedule Xpress.
- Previous system changes have been reversed to ensure newly created repair order numbers (that have a corresponding RO in History) update, while the original RO is deleted. ROs that are already open still display the old and new data in history following the daily update.
- Modifications ensure that no information is pulled to the screen when checking or un-checking the Charge Shop Supplies box on the Review & Print screen pulls if no repair order is in focus.
- Updates ensure a Nissan service appointment notification is sent to Nissan from Autosoft DMS when a Nissan vehicle's appointment is rescheduled.
- Adjustments ensure the Search List results are retained after clicking on a customer in the list as long as the customer information is not saved or cleared.
- Changes have been made to Service Schedule to ensure scheduled vacation time is cleared when a column is deleted and a new column is added in its place.
- Modifications ensure that when searching for internal vehicles by the last six characters of the VIN pull correctly in Service Schedule.
- Updates ensure the Microsoft Excel file created when compiling and printing flag data reports the full, correct information in "Print Flag Data."
- Adjustments ensure repair orders newly imported to the DMS via DealerFX do not have existing customer history attached from an unrelated VIN/Last 8/Customer.
- The system has been updated to prevent symbols from being entered in text fields throughout Autosoft DMS to reduce data issues with XML exports, etc.