Step 1. From the Parts Inventory menu, select Counter Sales. The Counter Parts Sales screen opens.
Step 2. Press ENTER to advance through the Customer field without entering a customer. “Cash Sale” automatically populates the Name field. Leave this entry, or type the customer’s name in the field. You can also use the blank name field to the right to enter the customer’s name if you want to record both pieces of information. However, it is not required to enter the customer's name for a cash sale.
Step 3. Continue to enter the customer’s information in each field.
Step 4. The Tax field determines the tax that will be applied to the sale. Tax rates for parts sales are set for each inventory source using the Operating Defaults option in the Parts Inventory System Setup. You can set four default tax rates: 1A, 1B, 1C, and 2. For cash sales, type the code for the tax that needs to be applied to the sale.
- Type A to apply Tax Rate 1A and Tax Rate 2.
- Type B to apply Tax Rate 1B and Tax Rate 2.
- Type C to apply Tax Rate 1C and Tax Rate 2.
- Type Y for yes. This applies both Tax Rate 1 and Tax Rate 2. Rate A is the default tax rate used when Tax Rate 1 is selected.
- Type 1 if you want to apply only Tax Rate 1.
- Type 2 if you want to apply only Tax Rate 2.
- Type N for no. No tax is applied to the customer’s purchase.
Step 5. Use the “working line” fields to enter the information for the parts sales.
Step 6. When you're finished, generate the order by either pressing ENTER from the blank Part Number field and clicking OK when prompted to generate the order, or by clicking Generate Order and clicking OK when prompted to verify you wish to generate the order.
The program automatically assigns an invoice number when the order is generated.
Step 7. Once the order is generated, you'll be prompted to indicate what you want to do with the counter slip. You have four options:
- Click to select Close & Print to close the slip and print it.
- Click to select Invoice To Cashier to send the slip to the Cashier module so a receipt can be printed.
- Click to select Close & Print (Include Packing List) to close the slip and print it. This will also print a packing list for the order.
- Click to select Print Packing List to print just a packing list for the order.
- Click to select Print Customer Copy But Do Not Close to print only a customer copy for the order but keep the order open.