Step 1. From the Dealership Accounting main menu, select Reports & DOCs. The Reports menu will open.
Step 2. Select Comparison DOC from the Reports menu. The Comparison DOC menu will open.
Step 3. On the Comparison DOC menu, type the DOC number (1-9) or letter (S for Service, B for Body Shop, or P for Parts) in the DOC Number To Use field, or click the DOC in the list below.
Step 4. Click OK when prompted to verify this is a new DOC. The menu options now apply specifically to that DOC number.
Step 5. Click Enter Report Parameters. The Comparison DOC Setup screen opens. Use this screen to enter the parameters for the selected DOC number. (Once you set the parameters, you can edit them using this screen.)
Step 6. Type a line number for the line you are creating. The line number determines the order in which the information prints on the report.
Step 7. Type a description for the line.
Step 8. Under Line Description, type the code that corresponds to how you want the line to pull or what you want the line to display on the report:
- (S1) Subtotal 1: This displays the subtotal for all of the lines up to this point.
- (S2) Subtotal 2: This displays the subtotal for all of the subtotal 1 (S1) lines up to this point.
- (T1) Total: This displays the totals up to this point.
- (GT) Grand Total: This displays the totals for all your subtotal lines (S1 or S2).
- (DO) Display Only: This displays the totals for the accounts specified. This does not add to the totals. It is for display purposes only.
- (BL) Blank Line: This indicates you want to add a blank line to the report. This allows you to space the information on the report as desired.
- (NP) New Page: This indicates you want to add a page break to the report. The next line added will begin printing on a new page.
- (==) Prints "====": This indicates you want to print the line on the DOC.
- (--) Prints "-------": This indicates you want to print the line on the DOC.
Step 9. Use the Plus and Minus sections to add the general ledger accounts you want to pull to the report. Click G/L List to view a list of general ledger accounts in the system.
- The Plus section is for accounts that will add to the total.
- The Minus section is for accounts that will subtract from the total.
- Use the From and To fields to enter a range of continuous accounts.
- If you want to include one account on the report or need to add accounts that are outside of the continuous range you specified, use the Include fields to specify the accounts.
Step 10. If you want to pull the expenses from a specific department, type the department code in Pull Expense For Department.
Step 11. Use the Line Values fields to indicate the line number for the line value.
Step 12. When you are finished setting the parameters, click Save. The line will appear in the list on the right side of the screen.
Step 13. Continue to add additional lines to the report as needed.
Step 14. When you are finished, click Exit to return to the Comparison DOC menu.
|Tip: Click a line in the list on the right side of the screen and click List Proof to view a list of accounts set to pull to the selected line, the value of each account, and the total for the line.|